Our Outdoor Program is open to members of all ages. Activities include fishing, camping, hiking, and overnight trips to the Club for Boys cabin!
Other programs teach our boys real-world skills, such as hunting safety, survival basics, and opportunities to compete in competitions, like our summer fishing tournaments.
- Top Guns
- South Dakota Youth Hunting Adventures
- Survivor Series
Trips and Outings Procedures
The purpose of trips and outings is to give club members an opportunity to have small group and educational experiences outside the club itself. In order to be fair to all club members, the following procedures are followed for all regular trips and outings.
- Boys are allowed to go on a first come– first served basis. Those who hand their permission slips in first have the first opportunity.
- Boys who have not gone on a trip or outing will have priority over boys who have regardless of when the permission slip is handed in. This is to ensure that boys who are not here first each day still have an opportunity to participate. In such cases, the last member to turn in a permission slip that has already gone will not be allowed to go.
- Parents may give verbal permission or put more than one boy on a permission slip with the understanding that those boys will be able to attend if space is available.
Junior and Master Angler Program
Boys going on fishing trips that catch a rainbow trout, perch, blue gill and bass will receive a Junior Angler card plus a free tackle box. When those boys catch an additional brown trout, crappie and bull head and can show they know how to tie a basic angler knot, they will be given a Master Angler card plus a free rod and reel.
Boys with a completed Master Angler card are also eligible to go on the Summer Fishing Trip to Pierre (up to 5 full days of fishing).
Outdoor Trip to Pierre
Guidelines for going on week long trip in August:
1. Boys must have earned their Master Angler card or be within one species of achieving their card. Species include: Rainbow Trout,
Brown Trout, Blue Gill, Crappie, Bass, Perch and Bullhead.
2. Boys must be capable of baiting their own hook, releasing and handling their own catch and show that they can tie a basic angler knot.
3. Boys must have gone on more than four outdoor trips with staff and at least one overnighter camp-out.
4. Boys will lose the privilege of going to Pierre if they are suspended from the Club within two months of the Pierre trip.
5. Boys may participate in the Pierre trip annually if space allows.