Volunteer With Us!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Club for Boys. The Club is proud to serve over 1,400 boys a year from Rapid City and the surrounding area. Volunteering at the Club is a rewarding experience for you and the boys your work will impact.
Our volunteer staff come from all walks of life. Some are retired, others work full time jobs, some are college students, and others volunteer as part of a group. A volunteer might work anywhere from 3 to 30 hours a month. Some might work one event a year. All volunteers are important in helping the Club meet its mission and vision.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Have a positive impact in a child’s life
- Free meals while volunteering
- 20% discount at the Thrift Store
- Special events and trainings
Please call Carri at 605.343.3500 for more information.
Volunteer Recognition Opportunities
All volunteers who log time during the past year are invited to our annual Volunteer Banquet. On this evening we serve our volunteers and certificates are awarded.
Employee/Volunteer Christmas Party
Volunteers who log 50+ hours in the past calendar year are invited to our annual Christmas Party.
Thrift Store Discount
All Club for Boys and Thrift Store employees and active volunteers are eligible for a 20% discount on Thrift Store purchases. (Active = 20+ hours a month)
- The 20% employee/volunteer discount is not transferrable to family members or friends, and employees/volunteers are not allowed to use their discount on behalf of anyone else. For instance, you can’t go shopping with your 5 cousins and aunt and use your discount for everyone’s purchases at checkout.
- The 20% discount may not be used in conjunction with the monthly storewide 50% sale, senior citizen discount, military discount, or any special promotion.
- Staff and volunteers are required to show their name badge.
If you have questions about this benefit, please contact Thrift Store Manager Jeanni Gossard.
President’s Volunteer Service Award
The President’s Volunteer Service award is issued by the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation on behalf of the President of the United States to recognize the best in American Spirit, and to encourage all Americans to improve their communities through volunteer service and civic participation.
There are three levels and four categories for the Award varying by age and hours of service completed within a 12-month period:
|Kids (14 and under)|
|Young Adults (15-25)|
|Adults (26 and up)|
|Families and Groups|
(two or more people with each member contributing at least 25 hours towards the total)
All award recipients receive a personalized certificate of achievement, a congratulatory letter from the President of the United States, a congratulatory letter from the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation, and an official President’s Award pin.
To earn an award, individuals, families, and groups must keep a record of volunteer activities and hours served. The Certifying Organization will review and verify the hours and distribute the award.